Senior Centers in Arkansas
Our Senior Activity Center Programs provide the perfect place for active older people to meet new friends, keep up with their acquaintances, join a few health and wellness activities, or get a hot nutritious lunch. Every center keeps its own schedule of special activities, so you should always contact your local center to find out what’s available in your area.
Seniors can enjoy bingo, pool, dancing, quilting, card games, yoga, strength training, art classes, and other indoor activities for seniors. Many of our senior recreation centers also offer grief support groups, Thrift Shops and clothing exchanges, healthy eating and nutrition classes, and AARP Chapter 3 meetings. Several locations also offer monthly blood pressure and blood sugar checks. Depending on your level of activity and mobility, you may also be able to sign up for leadership or volunteer opportunities in your community.
Most of our senior centers offer transportation to and from the senior centers, and some of them also offer transportation services from the senior center to doctor’s appointments, local shopping centers, grocery stores, etc.
Many of our senior centers also provide home-delivered meals for homebound seniors who are unable to attend the center themselves or who are unable to prepare their own food. Many of our senior centers also house food pantries meant to provide supplemental food for those who are 60 years or older. A food box may be delivered to homebound seniors who are unable to pick up their food boxes.
What You Need To Know
- Senior centers in Arkansas provide educational and fun activities for seniors
- Senior centers are available at no cost to everyone 60+ years old, but some may require a donation or have different age restrictions
- Every senior center has its own schedule of activities–so contact your local center for a calendar of available events
- Our senior centers offer a free, nutritious hot lunch to participants
- We can provide home-delivered meals for those unable to attend the center on their own
How to Find a Senior Center Near You
If you or your loved one are interested in looking at senior centers in Arkansas, please contact us below. If you have any questions about your agency’s calendar of scheduled events or if you need transportation to or from the senior center, contact your local senior center directly and they will be able to assist you.