Senior Housing in Southeast Arkansas
The AAA Elderly Housing of Southeast Arkansas, Inc. is a division of Area Agency on Aging of Southeast Arkansas, Inc. We are dedicated to providing decent, safe, and affordable housing for the very low-income senior citizens in our area.
As the elderly population continues to steadily grow, affordability, accessibility, and access to health services are becoming increasingly vital in caring for our senior citizens. The development of government-subsidized housing for senior citizens provides rental assistance, home repairs and modifications, disability-accessible housing, and access to housing and healthcare that otherwise may not be available.
What Type Of Senior Housing is Available?
We have 13 complexes funded by The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). These complexes have been specially designed to meet the physical needs of all seniors. From wheelchair-accessible apartments to apartments designed for the visual and hearing impaired, we have a place for you to call home.
All of our complexes are senior-exclusive, which means you will only be living with your peers. No noisy young adults or families with children are allowed to live in the senior housing developments.
There are also living assistance services provided with your residency in senior housing. You may also qualify for in-home care services depending on your circumstances. Contact your local Area Agency on Aging to discuss your care options.
Who Is Eligible to Live in Senior Housing?
To live in one of our senior housing complexes, you must meet the following criteria:
- 62 years or older (and/or disabled depending on the complex)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must meet the Federal Income Limit guidelines
Every applicant is placed on a waiting list until their eligibility is determined. Once they are deemed eligible, we will schedule a move-in date as soon as possible! Admission is also dependent on the availability of housing and cannot be guaranteed based on eligibility alone.
How Much Does Senior Housing Cost?
Residents are required to pay monthly rent. The cost of your rent will vary depending on your annual income. If you are a two-party household, your joint annual income will be considered. The Department of Housing and Urban Development pays 70% of the resident’s rent and the resident pays the remaining 30% after deductions.
A security deposit is required at the time of your move-in.
Pets are allowed with a non-refundable $300.00 pet deposit. If your pet is a service animal or meets approved medical requirements, there will be no pet deposit required.
What Does the Move-In Process Look Like?
AAA Elderly Housing of Southeast Arkansas, Inc. employs professionally trained site managers at each of the complexes to assist with the transition during move-in and move-out. If you do not have family and friends to assist with your move and you do not have the funds to hire a moving company, we will assist you in planning and executing your move into the senior complex.
For more information on how to qualify or apply for senior housing in Southeast Arkansas, contact the Area Agency On Aging Of Southeast Arkansas at (870) 543-6300.